Monday, 2 July 2012

Reader Recommends!


For those of you who don't already know, I'm currently working towards completing my Masters in Library and Information Sciences. Over the past year I've taken some pretty interesting courses and completed A LOT of assignments, but by far my most favourite part of school has been listening to some of the book talks put on by my fellow classmates. Book talks are basically short presentations where someone picks one of their favourite books and describes what they loved about it and what kind of readers that they would recommend it to. Through these book talks I've learned about a ton of great books that I probably would never have tried if it hadn't been for the recommendations of my friends at school.

I know one of the main functions of book blogging is recommending books to other readers, but I sometimes feel like its hard to wade your way through so many reviews to really find those books that have left a lasting impression on someone. Sure, you can usually tell that someone has loved a book through there enthusiastic reviews and 5 star ratings, but when push comes to shove, which book is it that they just can't get out of their head? For this reason I've decided to start a little series called Reader Recommends, where I'll have some of my friends and fellow bloggers share their all time favourite books with you!

First up this week is my wonderful friend Jackie from The Hardcover Obsession! You should see the mountain of books this girl has at her house! It's like Mt. Everest! Jackie has been blogging for almost a year now and is the official YA book blogger for Razorbill Canada. Enjoy!


Thanks Jackie! If you want to take part in Reader Recommends and share your favourite book with others then don't hesitate to send me an email at nspaan89 at gmail! The more the merrier!

4 comments:

Lan said...

What a great idea. Taking book recommendations is really hit and miss sometimes isn't it? I didn't enjoy the Hush, Hush series so much but you can't argue with such a popular book!

Jacquelynne said...

For some its just not their forte but I definitely LOVE this series of Reader Recommends, and would love to be part of it another time as well Natalie :D I always have a bunch of books I think people should know about, haha! Great idea! :)

Chelsey said...

I really like this =). Reader Recommendations are so fabulous! And Hush Hush was definitely an entertaining read!

Can't wait until the next one =).

Natalie said...

Lan: I haven't read Hush Hush yet myself but I've heard some good things about it from other readers :) Just goes to show how ever reader is different and has a different opinion!

Jackie: You can for sure recommend another book sometime if you want to! You are always welcome on my blog as a guest poster! :)

Chelsey: Thanks Chelsey! I loved your version of this posting when you did one! I'll be asking you soon for your reader recommendation too ;)

Post a Comment